CosMic Plants is growing more Orchids and we're looking to strengthen our team !
We offer competitive wages, benefits and a great company culture in an ultra-modern greenhouse environment.
Please fill out the form below, if you are interested in one of the vacant positions. It is recommended to upload your application letter and a resume.
Thank you! We look forward to hearing from you!
Greenhouse Worker- Product Order Picking
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: CosMic Plants Inc. (4665 Bartlett Road, Beamsville, ON)
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 7:00AM - 4:30PM
As a member of the Product Order Picking Team, you will work alongside the Supervisor of Packing to ensure a high level of efficiency and quality across all areas of picking and packing orchids at CosMic Plants. By following CosMic Plants standardized picking and packing processes, you will make an impact by ensuring our products meet and exceed customer expectations.
The Greenhouse Worker- Product Order Picking role is ideal for those that enjoy being active at work and working in a fast-paced environment. In this role, you will work in collaboration with the Product Order Picking Team to pick orders for CosMic Plants customers and prepare them for delivery. Attention to detail is essential to succeed in this role, as you will be visually inspecting the quality of orchids and selecting them for orders.
As a member of the Product Order Picking Team, you will be working in a controlled greenhouse climate of approximately 21degrees Celsius.
- Uphold CosMic Plants’ values and company culture in all relationships (staff, vendors, customers and industry colleagues)
- Uphold CosMic Plants’ quality image
- Sort Orchids in various categories
- Pick orders as per the order details
- Apply labels, UPC’s and care tags
- Apply upgrades (pots, accessories, sleeves)
- Pack product in boxes and trays
- Load pallets and carts
- Ensure all tasks are performed efficiently, timely and in order of priority
- Engage in frequent communication with the order allocation team, the sales team and logistics is required
- Adhere to CosMic Plants Health and Safety policies (this is everyone’s responsibility).
Other Responsibilities May Include:
- Potting orchid plants
- Spacing orchid plants
- Placing support stick
- Move grow-tables to designated growing areas
Qualifications and Working Conditions
- Completed Secondary School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Fluent in the English language (verbally and in writing)
- Comfortable working in a temperature-controlled environment of approximately 21degrees Celsius
- G Class License
- Attention to detail, with an appreciation for organization, neatness and clear record keeping
Compensation and Benefits
- Hourly wage of $17.00 - $19.00, reflective of your experience and skillset
- Health care benefits after successful completion of 3 month probationary period
- Statutory Holiday pay
- Vacation pay
- The potential for a year-end company performance bonus
- Potential to grow in responsibilities, development of skills and in compensation
Note: In this role, you will work a full-time schedule of Monday to Friday, 7:00AM-4:30PM. It is understood that hours worked per week may vary depending on the week, the tasks at hand and the season. Hours per week will typically not be less than 40, and not exceed 50.
Maintenance Assistant: Bartlett Road & Maple Grove Road Locations
Position Type: Full-Time: Monday- Friday, 7:00AM- 4:30PM
Location: 4665 Bartlett Rd, Beamsville, ON and 4228 Maple Grove Rd, Beamsville, ON
Hourly Wage: $18.00- $21.00/hour (depending on skills and experience)
To assist the Maintenance and Productivity Manager in the maintenance of both CosMic Plants’ facilities. The Maintenance Assistant will ensure greenhouses and equipment are in good operating condition by performing preventative and daily maintenance.
The Maintenance Assistant will communicate and coordinate with the Maintenance and Productivity Manager to ensure all maintenance-related goals are being carried out in a timely manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform preventative maintenance at CosMic Plants’ Bartlett Road and Maple Grove Road facilities
- Execute preventative maintenance on (motorized) equipment, compressed air equipment, automatic doors, irrigation/plumbing systems, greenhouse lighting, etc.
- Deep clean equipment such as the potting machine and spacing machine
- Perform various cleaning tasks to ensure cleanliness standards of the facilities are met
- Periodical inspections of facilities and equipment
- Write Standard Operations Procedures (SOP’s) and create simple drawings regarding maintenance at CosMic Plants
- Perform general and service maintenance as required
- Troubleshoot and respond to maintenance calls at various times
- Notify Maintenance and Productivity Manager when maintenance-related issues arise
- Provide input when working alongside Maintenance and Productivity Manager when troubleshooting maintenance-related issues
- Operate machinery such as forklift
- Keep workshop/tool areas organized
- Assist in the organization of spare parts and materials
- Communicate effectively with team members and maintain team morale
- Support other production departments when needed
Qualifications and Preferred Skills
- Successful completion of post-secondary education or 1-2 years of work-related experience as equivalent
- General understanding of electrical, mechanical, and automation to carry out general greenhouse maintenance
- Good coordination and manual dexterity
- Ability to work at heights
- Ability to lift heavy materials (up to 50 lbs.), bend, climb, stand, and kneel for long periods of time
- Ability to work in all conditions including hot, cold, and humid climates
- Capacity to operate greenhouse equipment, machinery, hand or power tools, in a safe and efficient manner
- Fluent in the English language
- Valid G driver’s license
- Valid Forklift Operator Certification (CosMic Plants will provide opportunity for training and certification if required)
- General knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Capacity to work in a team environment and be a strong team player in CosMic Plants’ team of employees
- Hands-on, roll up the sleeve’s mentality
- The work environment constitutes a controlled greenhouse and warehouse climate, in well-maintained facilities
- Duties may not be limited to the job description; occasionally will help in other production departments based on business needs
- The Maintenance Assistant will work a full-time schedule of Monday to Friday, 7:00AM-4:30PM. It is understood that hours worked per week may vary depending on the week, the tasks at hand and the season. Hours per week will typically not be less than 40, and not exceed 50